Monday, September 30, 2013

Flower Nails - Tutorial

I have been asked quite a bit to do a tutorial on my flower nails. So here I have for you a quick pictorial on how you can create your own flower nails at home. Now you don't have to choose the same colors I did...be creative with that part. the only tool you will need is a very small detailing brush.  I purchased mine at Sally's for $3.

Polish your nails your color of choice and let dry.
Next with your small detailing brush, paint one small line.
Then paint a shorter line next to it creating the image you see above.
Paint another line on the opposite side and there you have it...you have created your first petal for your flower
Add a few more petals by following the first few steps.
Here I added a more flowers using the same technique. I like half flowers more than I like whole flowers
Last you want to grab a darker polish color and follow the steps from how you created the original petal but this time leave some of that original color peaking out.
Here you see my finished design. Again there are endless options of color combos you can choose. Have fun! Its super simple! If you have any questions, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment