Thursday, February 6, 2014

My journey into Nail Art

When I started nail art, I really never ever expected anything to come of it, because let's face it its just nail art. Boy was I ever wrong. I have always been into art and painting on canvas' and what not but never thought I could do it on my nails. I can remember the first design I did was actually on my toes. I thought to myself, "Hey this pretty easy". So after a few designs on my toes I kind of put it aside for a while. Then I forgot about it because hey let's face it life happens.

When I started back into it again in the summer of 2013 I hit the floor running. I became almost obsessed with it so much so that I was doing a new design everyday. I had and still have so much fun with it that I get excited when I can do another design on my nails.  Nail art to me is much more than hobby, it has become part of my life. Daily I think of what designs I want to do next and what I can do to improve my current skills as an artists. I have even started painting on canvas again which is something I have done for a few years now (since having kids that is) and am starting to enjoy creating art as I see it through my eyes.

When coming up with certain designs for nails I look for inspiration in everyday items. Clothing, fabric, pictures, and sometimes other nail artists. Something I have learned through posting my nails on Instagram is not to take peoples rude and hurtful comments seriously. I normally just delete them anyways and tell myself, "Boy are they jealous". I have never really dealt with bullying on the Internet, more so in real life and when I was in grade school. These days bullying comes in all forms and I try not to take it too seriously. All a bully wants to do is try to gain control of your emotions and get a response out of you. If you don't react or respond then they move on.

I don't see myself ever stopping creating nail art and teaching nail art through pictorials. I have enjoyed this chapter in my life and am so excited to see what the future holds.

1 comment: